Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Last post as a 25 yr old

Goodbye 25! What a great year it was. Ah! My life just flashed before me! Nooo! It's too soon for that! ::sobs:: I've had a pretty good life so far.

I sold an item on etsy today! Alice in Wonderland bookmark. Sending that out to Italy tomorrow. Today was a bleh day. I mostly did school work -- took 3 quizes, wrote a bunch of post. My final exam is due by Sunday before 11PM. I'm doing pretty well. I have higher than average on my scores. My post are quite lengthy. I suppose I can break them up some to make a bunch of smaller post. Hrm dang, I should have thought of that earlier! Oh well, I'll think of that for next week (writing a note to self for I am too old to remember).

Seriously, this blog and posting on my course board has really helped me open up in conversation. Before I use to think if I say something, people would think I'm a moron or just weird. Now, I feel excited talking about random crap that pops into mind. The only fear I have with that is people thinking I have ADHD...hm I was never tested for that. Anyway, I grew up by Philly in an uptight, rich area where if one didn't act or dress a certain way, they were simply ignored or criticized. So that's where most of my issues come from. People have always said "you're so shy". It's not that I'm shy, I'm just afraid to say or do something that may reject me from the group. I feel things are getting better though. I go to uni by Pittsburgh and I feel like I can be whoever I want to be. It's so amazing how down-to-earth people are there. My first friends at uni are from the Pittsburgh area. They all approached me first and where I come from that is a odd thing for a stranger to do. I did a double take like "are you talking to me??? Really!??" I'm definitely going to be living in Western PA after graduation. I feel so at home there and my self-esteem is 100x better. -

No comments: